Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Asya: different t-shirt designs


I think this design is ineffective because it is hard to read, and the pun is not funny. The message seems kind of desperate, which is not something I would want to have on a t-shirt. What is this shirt trying to say? "To make sure you don't forget me I'm going to tie you up"? The designer could have incorporated the Forget-me-not flower into the design, and matched the color of the shirt to the color of the flower. Maybe if the shirt was a knotted up flower that would work better as a design. I like the photo composition better than the shirt.


This shirt makes good use of the shirt space by establishing boundaries between the top and the bottom of the shirt, but these boundaries flow, so they don't make the shirt look boxy. I am fond of designs that wrap around a shirt.


I like this design the best because the artist plays with negative space and the viewer can interpret the image in many different ways. This design also works with different kinds of shirts, such as t-shirts and tank tops, which is important if you want to sell lots of t-shirts. I also think people would like this shirt because everyone attaches to charismatic megafauna like pandas easily, whereas in contrast, I don't know how many people go around saying, "Look at that knot! It's so cute!".

No comments:

Post a Comment