Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Amber - Derive and Final Project

I did my derive this past weekend when I went to Rowayton, Connecticut for Easter. I stayed a block away from the beach so I decided to go on a walk down the shore and explore the coast. It was very foggy out which didn't allow me to take very good pictures. I enjoyed looking through the sand for shells that had washed up on shore and found some cool sea glass and a small conch shell. It was a very relaxing and calming experience since no one else was on the beach with me, and it made me appreciate being away from campus and out in such a beautiful environment. 


My final project could still go in a couple of directions. I thought I had narrowed it down but then on Easter I found out about this cool way you can blow eggs - you put holes in the top and bottom and then blow from one end and the yolk comes out the other. Then you take the hallowed shell and can paint it or decorate it however you'd like, and it lasts much longer than an egg would in the fridge before it spoils. I played around with this idea and was thinking of different things I could do with them and made this on photoshop - a model of a project I could make, playing around with "cracked" eggs, with the cracks actually being painted on. I'd somehow mount the eggs to a thick board or display them in another way. I also was thinking about doing a self portrait or a portrait of one of my friends, a final drawing of sorts to include everything I've learned throughout the semester.



No comments:

Post a Comment