Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Berfu: Derive

My parents were in town during the weekend so on Friday we wanted to take advantage of the lovely spring weather and explore the surroundings.  I wanted to show them around but when we were in downtown Providence I realized how little I knew the city. Since most of the time I didn't know where I was taking them, our little downtown trip became my derive.

We ended up finding cute coffee shops in very narrow and seemingly deserted streets I've never seen before and a very beautiful restaurant by the river. The weather was perfect and trees were blossoming, making everything appear twice as beautiful.

I realized that no matter where you go in Providence it's almost impossible to get lost because it's such a small city and somehow you end up somewhere you know or you've been before:) And you can see college hill from everywhere.

My derive also made me realize that I wouldn't be able to live anywhere away from water. It's such a calming element, it makes me feel happy and perfectly balanced. Maybe it's because I was born in a city surrounded by water, I always feel at home and secure whenever I'm near water. I'm very glad that I chose a similar place to spend my college years.

Speaking of water, we went to Cape Cod on Saturday. Despite it was cold and rainy, the view of the bay was like that. I just want to move there!

No comments:

Post a Comment