Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Charlie--Final Project

For my final project, I want to write and illustrate a graphic novel, which is basically a long-form comic book. The drawing unit was definitely my favorite part of this semester, so I want to continue drawing for my final project. Rather than devising characters and a plot, I want to use a real event from my life. This event is something that happened to me when I was flying home for spring break. Basically a flight attendent saw a shirt that I was wearing, which had the logo from an organization from back home, and asked me about it. This sparked a conversation between me and her where I learned a lot about her and her life. After I set up with this narrative, I would want to spend the rest of the graphic novel exploring some of the things that I learned by talking to the flight attendent. I think that visually, the drawings would start off realistic--portraying the plane and other physical things--but then take off from there and get more abstract. I hesitate to use words like symbol and metaphor lightly, but the images that I use would definitely have more meaning then just their face value.

No comments:

Post a Comment