Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Monica - Derive and Final Project

During my derive I decided to walk around to all the parks/playgrounds in my vicinity. Across the street there is a preschool where I usually see the kids playing outside. I stopped and observed for a while and took notice of how the children were all interacting with one another or not interacting with anyone at all. It was as if they were in their own little innocent worlds. Another park I walked past on Brook St. was also crowded with children, accompanied by their parents and older siblings. The last park I visited was on Preston and Ives. Unlike previous two playgrounds, the equipment was unoccupied. The park was empty save for a lone older man strolling through.

For my final project I would like to create a stop motion music video for the song "Opposites of Adults" by Chitty Bang incorporating elements from what I observed during my derive, which compliment the lyrics of the song quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment