Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jason - Derive - Boston! Yipee!

I decided to go to Boston for my derive, because I think Boston is a lot of fun. Hip, young, historical and charming -- it's Boston!

So I'm going to Boston in my car, and right as I'm passing Braintree I realize -- gosh, I really don't like Boston at all! And then I remember that this has happened to me before. Every time I go, I trick myself into thinking that Boston is a cool city, and then (every time) I go and realize it's actually awful.

For instance, I love how there are so many mysterious one ways!! I love how there's no parking, and how there are so many traffic cops!! I love this so much! I love how I fight the good fight and really, earnestly, try to find parking, only to see that I need like 12 different passes and 4 different stickers on my stupid car and that there are SO MANY FIRE HYDRANTS. I find it ironic that people talk about Boston accents with the phrase "pahk yuh cahzzzzz" when PARKING IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THIS STUPID CITY. IS ANYONE ACTRUALLY PARKING??G?

So, after spending close to an hour crawling through the city, I decided -- my soul evacuated at this point -- that I would cough up the $20 for parking. I wait in the incredibly long line to park my car, roll down the window and SURPRISE SURPRISE JASON -- the guy running the lot says the park is full, and that I should check the lot two blocks over. LOL

True story. It counts as a derive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment