Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Leah: Derive

I got back from my derive a little bit ago. During my walk back from class, I noticed a bunch of people enjoying the beautiful weather in India Point Park just in front of the bridge. Some people were playing with their kids on the grass, others were simply relaxing and reading/enjoying the sun, and some others were on runs. By the time five runners passed me, I decided I wanted to come back after dropping off my art stuff in my dorm and go on a run in the park along the water. When I got back to the park, I put on my ipod because I usually run with loud music on to drown out my breathing. However, after a minute or so I decided to turn it off. There was something peaceful about hearing my heaving breathing in conjunction with the sounds of the wind and my feet hitting the pavement. It almost created a beat/pattern of sounds that made me forget I was exerting energy and running. Usually, I run on the treadmill and find myself staring at the timer and counting down the seconds until I am done, but that wasn't the case today. I loved watching the afternoon sunlight shine off the water and highlight the grass and trees. Unfortunately, I can't run with a camera, so I didn't take any pictures, but hopefully the weather stays this nice the rest of the week so I can go back and run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment