Sunday, February 13, 2011

2-Asya DINOSAURS!

I was super sad that we did not get to build a snow dinosaur, so I wanted to incorporate one into my t-shirt. My idea was to draw a stegosaurus, and then have a little kid looking up at its gigantic skeleton in awe. Then, unbeknownst to the other museum patrons who are just milling around, the kid was going to say something to the dinosaur and the dinosaur....would talk back.


I drew the design in my sketchbook, scanned it in, and then made it 50% opaque as I traced over it in photoshop. The shading could be better. On the actual t-shirt, the dinosaur would wrap around, along the top shoulder. I am going to play with the colors - I like the idea of a lighter color for the circle, because it draws attention to the dinosaur's head and the kid's face, but blue on blue is boring right now.

Edit: changed the colors, played with the shading, moved the circle to the right.

1 comment:

  1. This shirt looks awesome and i really like the colors. I read a fair amount of comics though, and in this design the dinosaur is speaking first. Not that it matters but the kid is responding to the dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete