Monday, February 14, 2011

6- Berfu T-shirt design

The poem on the t-shirt is one of my favorite poems by e.e cummings. I wanted to create a simple design with one or two eye-catching elements, because I like the t-shirts that say much with a small amount of information. The poem of cummings already looks very graphic by itself. That's why I didn't really play much on it and simply included a picture of an autumn leaf that is about to fall. I imagine the leaf image as a fabric sewn on the t-shirt instead of a print, like in this shirt:
Since I kept the front pretty simple, for the back of the t-shirt I tried to be more creative and play with the idea of the poem. The back includes all the letters in the poem falling down from the sky to the autumn leaves below, as appropriate to the idea that the poem tries to get across. I wrote the poet's name between the fallen leaves. I didn't want it to be the first element that catches the viewer's eye, but still be there hidden somewhere on the t-shirt.
Here's another color option for the front, but this background color looks terrible on the back of the design! An option might be to have a lighter front and black back, but I don't know if that looks good on a real t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment