Sunday, February 13, 2011

6-Lucy Poster design

This is less of a tshirt than a poster or postcard design. My original t-shirt design plan revolved around the robots that are in the lower right corner. I used the Gestalt principle of anomaly and created a pretty bland design. I'm not exactly sure how my idea transformed from that to this, but the resulting message is one close to home. I have encountered a lot of people who think that since I am from Oregon, I must be a farmer. (This is slightly less true now since the Oregon Ducks have become so successful--now I'm a farmer and a diehard football fan!) With my sketched images set in an Oregon forest, I tried to convey that there is more to Oregon than farmland--without really asserting what there IS to Oregon, because that, of course, is different for every individual. The farm animals are just as out-of-place here as the robots, aliens and monster are. Using sketches is supposed to further this assertion that these things are not the truth--they are doodled, imperfect and not concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment