Sunday, February 13, 2011

Leah: T-shirt Design


The idea for my t-shirt is based off a saying my dad taught me to live by. It's the equation: Happiness= Reward/Expectations. If you keep your expectations (the denominator) in life small, then your reward (the numerator) is bigger and you therefore have more happiness in life.  I decided to change happiness in the equation to look like the board game, Life, because most people know the game and will want to look at the back of the person's shirt to see what it equals. Although people may not understand what the back of the shirt means, this is what I want. I want people to look at it and wonder what it is saying until, hopefully, they understand. I tilted the fraction bar and put the silhouette of a gymnast on a balance beam on it to show how one must balance one's expectations and rewards in life, which can be a struggle. I also made the word "reward" curved to emphasize this idea of balance. I played with the font of "reward" to look like the typeset of an old-fashioned reward sign. In addition, I found out that e(x) is a mathematical symbol for expectation, so I added that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment