Wednesday, February 9, 2011

4- Berfu: Business Card Refinements

 I started off with changing the color and font of the writings, after realizing that the bright red I chose previously popped out more than I wanted and didn't really go with black and white. I kept the title of the company in the middle because I liked the idea of how it goes from one silhouette to the other, as if they're talking. I tilted the writings on the side because I thought if someone puts this card in their wallet vertically (since the pockets in wallets are usually designed that way), they would read the contact information (which is the primary information on the card) first and without any difficulty. However, if we look at the card as a whole, the tilted writings may create a problem for the viewer's eye.
  So I did another version, keeping all the writings straight this time. Obviously it is easier to read this time, but I find it a little boring. It might work better as a design though.
My third version combines both ideas, keeping my number and email straight (these are the information that I want the viewer to see the last) and tilting my name and title. The unusual position of the name makes it more noticeable. This design might mess up the way the viewer reads the information, but I like it because it creates a movement in the otherwise dull design.

No comments:

Post a Comment