Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jesse - Picture "Copy"



I tried to do something different with the grid assignment. When we were first assigned the task to copy the picture with the option of recreating it, I originally thought of putting the painting, above, in photoshop and chopping it up into different pieces of a grid. I then wanted to take the pieces of the painting and mix them up to form a new painting with a different meaning. However, as I was doing this I realized that technically putting the pieces together results in a jumbled picture with no real continuity, meaning, or image. At that point I hit a roadblock because I was not sure what I wanted to do to the picture since the grid idea did not work out. I started to think about what small shift I could do to change the entire meaning of the piece and the way that people would perceive it. That is when I decided to drastically shrink the size of Jesus. Between the two paintings, Jesus goes from something  of great worship and awe to almost being a figurine in a museum. However, you can derive your own meaning from this....

No comments:

Post a Comment