Monday, February 14, 2011

Lizette: Poster Designs

Although I posted t-shirt designs that were humorous, my own project has a different tone (though I think it could be read as mordant humor.)
I was in Cuba last semester and chose that to be the theme of my design, which led me further away from a t-shirt design, and closer to a propaganda-ish poster. The images I used are all form photos that I took while I was there. I am torn between two ideas:

This one is from a mural close to the Havana airport. The image tries to convey the message that even though there was a revolution, something is missing. The letters look worn-out because I'm alluding to the country's outdated infrastructure.
This second one uses the slogan "In order to have more, we must produce more," which I saw on a billboard near my residence. It's placed in between a menu from a street vendor  few blocks away who sells mayonnaise sandwiches. This is a sort of blunt critique of the inefficient production of food in the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment