Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Suji: T-Shirt Design


I tried to fully utilize the fact that the design was specifically for a T-shirt. My thought process went something like this: 'Ok, so what's the difference between a shirt and an ordinary billboard or poster? Let's see... First off, it has a front and a back... and it has cylindrical continuity...'

In the front of the shirt is a model smoking a cigarette handsomely. As the smoke rises, it keeps rising over the shoulder of the shirt and pollutes the back of the shirt where a young woman can be seen coughing from it.

Despite a quite blatant "anti-smoking"/"second-hand smoking kills" message, I was rather trying to convey the propensity people have in not being able to immediately see the detrimental consequences of their actions as a result of always facing forward and, thus, not being able to notice the stain at the back of their shirts.

I feel that I could still tweak a few details to further improve the design... I think I should make it clearer that the woman is in distress (perhaps by emphasizing the wrinkle in her brow?) and play around further with the smoke effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment