Tuesday, February 8, 2011

5-Lucy T-shirt research

I think this comes from both spending a lot of time online t-shirt shopping with a friend and many years' worth of sort of semi-strange t-shirts given to me each Christmas by a particular family member, but when I think of t shirts, I think of bold colors and pithy statements that are all very boyish things that I would never really wear.

For example, when sketching my original ideas, I went straight for robots. After a few days of pondering, I felt uncomfortable with the idea of robots because they didn't hold much meaning for me. I started thinking about designs considered more feminine and remembered a "sketchbook" style t-shirt design that the aforementioned family member gave to me. 

I found the sketchbook style refreshing after thinking about so many blockish, blunt figures. My final design will likely incorporate some of both styles. 





No comments:

Post a Comment