Friday, February 11, 2011

Jason: Funny Shirt + Shirt Design + Revised Business Card

This is an Illuminati shirt. They actually make these. It's hilarious, it says: "Wake up and smell.. the conspiracies". So funny. Anyways, it's related to my t-shirt design below. 
My t-shirt design is about WikiLeaks. It includes a long quotation from Julian Assange -- it comes from a speech he gave at the Oslo Freedom Forum. The way I want the shirt to be read is first to see the design, and then to take some time out to read it. It's more about getting across a detailed message than immediately grabbing the viewer. I was thinking, instead of being in a shirt, the design as it stands would probably be better in a magazine or as a big poster. The blurred dots are a throwback to the WikiLeaks manifesto, and its model for conspiracies (but I didn't think that would be necessary to explicitly convey or explain this). I understand that most people don't want to stop someone and take time to read their shirt, but the quotation is so good! 


I completely redid my business card. It's inspired by my many stoner friends. But the message is to chill out and relax, and I think it's cool to have a business card that's so relaxed. I didn't include my name or phone number, because I wanted to stay away from any formal elements. The story in this card: 1.) fascination with nature and a carefree life, 2.) notice the butterfly, 3.) notice the butterfly is part of nature, 4.) realize "having butterflies" is a euphemism for being nervous, 5.) realizing the contradiction with a symbol (the butterfly) that is carefree (it's about nature, brah) but also a symbol for anxiety, 6.) BRAIN EXPLOSION (whoa).

No comments:

Post a Comment