Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Carmen - Shirt Design

The video camera graphic symbolizes the ways in which our clothing interacts with our environment. Our clothes witness everything we do and become documentation of our experiences, both consciously and unconsciously. Perhaps this record manifests itself as a small stain, perhaps a memory associated with a certain experience had while wearing the article of clothing. Also, shirts (like video cameras) perform active functions. Just how a camera chooses what scenes to shoot and how to frame them, we choose our clothes in order to make a specific statement about ourselves. The bird coming out of the camera is meant to illustrate this active role our clothing plays in shaping our encounters.  


Aesthetically, I think I could do more with the design. I like its simplicity, but I think I could add a few elements that would make it more exciting. I also think I can clean up my drawing a bit. Finally, I want to overlay this design onto an image of an actual shirt so I can play with its placement. (I think I would put the camera on the lower corner, with the bird coming up)

No comments:

Post a Comment